Thursday, August 9, 2012

Make no mis-steak


I admit it. Hello my name is Paul and I am a meat-aholic. I love meat, plain and simple. Beef, lamb, chicken and above all pork.
We have a freezer full of dead animal parts that are waiting to be devoured, but every now and then I will find a deal that is just too good to pass up. Case in point, earlier this week I found a thick cut porterhouse that was looking way too sexy to pass up at 7.48/lb.



If you have read my blog in the past, you may have picked up on the fact that I perfer to let the food speak for itself and season only to compliment/enhance the natural flavors.

Here then is my favorite preparation for any grilled steak in quick form--
hot grill
room temperature meat
a little olive oil brushed on with fresh rosemary both sides
a couple grinds of fresh pepper - medium course grind
just a touch of sea salt- not much because you will be adding more salt later.
one lemon cut in half and cut ends dipped in olive oil

throw the steak and lemons(cut ends down) on the grill put your rosemary on the steak as it grills
cook to SLIGHTLY LESS than desired doneness and place on a plate or cutting board. gently squeeze the lemon on the meat add a few more grains of salt and let rest for 10-15 minutes.
eat.



red wine, bread, some potatoes and a salad and you my friend have a meal fit for royalty. non vegan royalty.

No comments:

Post a Comment