Sunday, March 11, 2012

Great ! Another entry into the famous chef blog-o-sphere.

Well sparky I fooled you,. While I am a chef, and I have had fleeting moments of local notoriety, I am not famous, will probably never be famous, and really have no desire to be famous(rich on the other hand.....). I am just another guy that has worked in the food/hospitality/restaurant business for a long time and needs to share, vent, educate, learn and spout off about food and cooking.
I am currently the Executive Chef for a hospital, employed by a mega management company and as you can probably guess there is not a lot of creativity involved in such a position so I try to find ways of releasing my creative steam, this blog being the latest. I also contribute recipes to a local women's lifestyle magazine (CHICKS - check it out on line, pick up a free copy anywhere in central Minnesota or better yet get a subscription), and occasionally I teach skill building classes to cooks that work in schools.
Ok, enough about me - and onto the my plans for the blog.
If you read my "about me " section you know that the best time for me are cooking for family and friends on the deck with a bottle of wine ( or a pitcher of mojitos - my friends and family are not really picky). so the recipes  I plan on sharing on these pages will relect that whole easy living, wine country, outdoor cooking "lifestyle". I will also try to share a few videos of tricks of the trade, and maybe a couple recommendations of wines that I picked up, oh and I am sure there will be few obscure movie quotes also. So come along for the ride it should be fun.
CHEAPO WINE RECOMMENDATION ---- Apothic red - a blend of Zinfandel, Syrah, Cabernet and Merlot about 12 bucks but we picked up on sale for 8. goes great with red sauced pasta and grilled meats.

No comments:

Post a Comment